Working with Difficult People
In every work environment, there is that challenging coworker or client who makes being at work a chore and can add to stress and burnout in the office.
In this workshop, you will:
- Identify the 3 different cultures that appear in workplaces and the types of difficult people you may have to deal with.
- Change your reaction to negative people and become mindful of your own verbal and nonverbal messages that you give out.
- Receive tips and tools on how to work effectively with difficult patients and clients so you stay in control during your interactions.
- Identify when you are caught up – or hooked – in an emotionally distressing situation or have a strong negative reaction to someone at work and how to unhook yourself
- Build your personal resilience so you can better handle difficult people
This program has been approved for 2.0 Social Work Continuing Education hours for relicensure, in accordance with 258 CMR. Collaborative of NASW and the Boston College and Simmons Schools of Social Work Authorization Number D 80851-2.